Thursday, February 16, 2012

Digital Camera and a Little Ingenuity

Last month I called my gas company about my bill. I had to go outside to read the meter that the meter reader had been estimating. I knew he'd been estimating because there was no way he could have read it from outside the tall locked fence. Standing next to it I could barely see the meter that was almost at ground level underneath a very bushy bush. Even bending to read it, the cover was so badly etched it was difficult to read. I was going to have to crawl under the bush and get face to face with the dials on that meter. The ground was cold and rocky. Heck, I'm a calligrapher, not a contortionist, which is what I'd need to be to read each of the tiny dials. The guy on the other end of the phone line insisted I had to be accurate in my reporting. This was hard!

Hmmmmm. What to do, what to do?

Aha! I got out my trusty digital camera, reached it under the bush and snapped this photo. It still wasn't easy, but so much easier than before. I love it when things work out like that!


And the estimating meter reader is very good at his job. Right on the money. Gas just isn't cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment